Reflecting on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at the Science meets Parliaments in Belgrade
- The 2nd TeRRIFICA Reflective Workshop was held in Belgrade on the 10th and 11th July 2019. It was a joint activity with the “Science Meets Parliaments” event hosted at the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia. The TeRRIFICA team met the day after to the workshop to celebrate an internal Consortium meeting.
- This second workshop focused on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and its meaning for climate action. The six TeRRIFICA pilot regions in Belarus, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia and Spain, were presented at the event on merging pilot regions topic-wise: air, agriculture, water and temperature.
- The workshop was organized by the Center for the Promotion of Science within the framework of the H2020 TeRRIFICA project, whereby eight European institutions work together to foster competence for climate change adaptation and mitigation in different European regions with a specific focus on Responsible Research and Innovation.
After a successful 1st TeRRIFICA Reflective Workshop, TeRRIFICA held the 2nd TeRRIFICA Reflective Workshop at the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia on July 10th and 11th. This workshop was part of the ‘Science Meets Parliaments’, event organized for the first time in Serbia by the Center for the Promotion of Science in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, and under the patronage of the Joint Research Centrе (JRC) of the European Commission.
This second workshop focused on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and their meaning for climate action. What does success look like in TeRRIFICA? How can the Theory of Change be used in the development, implementation and evaluation of TeRRIFICA?
These and other issues were addressed to prove for stakeholder perspectives on what ‘success’ looks like for the project. The workshop was facilitated in a manner similar to the first reflective workshop, as a series of concurrent focus groups with partner representatives as moderators. The discussions will be used as data pool for the identification of potential indicators that are not already accounted for in the MoRRI indicators or other existing metrics considered for use in the project. The discussion will be analysed to identify additional variables and KPIs that could be defined based on this bottom-up perspective from stakeholders. The results of the workshop will be used to expand the KPI scope beyond the MoRRI indicators.
The TeRRIFICA Consortium meets in Belgrade: experiences on RRI and Climate Action
The TeRRIFICA team met the day after the workshop to celebrate an internal Consortium meeting. Representatives from the consortium institutions, together with members of the TeRRIFICA Advisory Boards, gathered in the premises of the Center for the Promotion of Science in Belgrade for the meeting.
Among other aspects, the meeting focused on the TeRRIFICA crowdmapping tool, to be launched on September 2019, and the forthcoming 2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference, which will be held on the 19th September 2019.
Other issues that were discussed are the active dissemination strategy of TeRRIFICA, available on www.terrifica.eu, and the increasing engagement in the TeRRIFICA main communication channels was celebrated as well.
FlickR album of the workshop and meeting: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145303990@N08/albums/72157709653774506
Other links and useful information:
What is TeRRIFICA?
The EU funded project TeRRIFICA (Territorial Responsible Research and Innovation Fostering Innovative Climate Action) with its network partners in six regions of Europe will seek for best practice and identify the approaches that are already in place to mitigate climate change and adapt to its effects.
In a trans-disciplinary partnership, TeRRIFICA involves six European countries, bringing together three research institutions, three non-profit organisations, one public association of universities and one public institution for science promotion. TeRRIFICA is led by WILA Bonn (Bonn, Germany) and the TeRRIFICA consortium is composted by the Rhine-Waal University (Kleve, Germany), the Education for Sustainable Development Association (Minsk, Belarus), the Center for the Promotion of Science (Belgrade, Serbia), the University of Vechta (Germany), the Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan, Poland), Sciences Citoyennes (Paris, France) and the Catalan Association of Public Universities (Barcelona, Spain). The project is funded by the Horizon2020 programme of the European Commission.
Subscribe to the TeRRIFICA newsletter and follow the project on Social Media to get updates and more information of the project: www.terrifica.eu
· TeRRIFICA Project Coordinator:
Norbert Steinhaus: email@example.com
· 2nd TeRRIFICA Reflective Workshop Coordinators:
Marjana Brkić: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dobrivoje Lale Eric: email@example.com
· TeRRIFICA Communication and Dissemination Manager:
Marta Cayetano: firstname.lastname@example.org