“Connecting case studies with future climate action. What is mandatory for prospect co-creation processes in climate adaptation and mitigation projects?”
- The second TeRRIFICA Online Conference will be held on September 19th 2019 from 10am to 2pm (CEST/Brussels time). Free registration is now open filling in this form.
- The Online Conference will start with short expert talks on climate action with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalisation aspects. There will be representatives from the six European pilot regions in Belarus, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia and Spain that combine co-creation processes with climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
- The Conference is organized by the Science Shop Vechta/Cloppenburg of the University of Vechta within the framework of the H2020 TeRRIFICA project, whereby eight European institutions work together to foster competence for climate change adaptation and mitigation in different European regions with a specific focus on Responsible Research and Innovation.
“Climate change is the defining challenge of our time. Mitigating its impacts and adapting to changes already taking place or impossible to avoid will require fundamental changes to societies and behaviours all over the world – as well as scientific breakthroughs, both technological and social” (Climate Change Adaptation – Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission). It is in this context the TeRRIFICA project emerges and organizes its 2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference. What is mandatory for prospect co-creation processes in climate adaptation and mitigation projects? This and other questions will be discussed during the event.
The Online Conference will start with short keynote speeches on climate action with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalisation aspects. There will be representatives from the TeRRIFICA six pilot regions in Belarus, France, Germany, Poland, Serbia and Spain that combine co-creation processes with climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies. Participants will learn and discuss about the insights of case studies and the essentials for future projects.
2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference Program:
September 19th 2019 (10am – 2pm CEST time)
- Welcome words and introduction to the conference
- Expert talks on climate action with a focus on engagement, methodology and institutionalisation aspects
- In-depth discussion rounds: mutual learning from international insights focus groups
- Panel discussion: gathering the learning outcomes and wrap-up
For registration, please fill in this form until September 17th 2019. You will then receive all necessary login information.
Interested in TeRRIFICA?
Other links and useful information:
What is TeRRIFICA?
The EU funded project TeRRIFICA (Territorial Responsible Research and Innovation Fostering Innovative Climate Action) with its network partners in six regions of Europe will seek for best practice and identify the approaches that are already in place to mitigate climate change and adapt to its effects.
In a trans-disciplinary partnership, TeRRIFICA involves six European countries, bringing together three research institutions, three non-profit organisations, one public association of universities and one public institution for science promotion. TeRRIFICA is led by WILA Bonn (Bonn, Germany) and the TeRRIFICA consortium is composted by the Rhine-Waal University (Kleve, Germany), the Education for Sustainable Development Association (Minsk, Belarus), the Center for the Promotion of Science (Belgrade, Serbia), the University of Vechta (Germany), the Adam Mickiewicz University (Poznan, Poland), Sciences Citoyennes (Paris, France) and the Catalan Association of Public Universities (Barcelona, Spain). The project is funded by the Horizon2020 programme of the European Commission.
· TeRRIFICA Project Coordinator:
Norbert Steinhaus: firstname.lastname@example.org
· 2nd TeRRIFICA Online Conference Coordinator:
Hannah Hoff: email@example.com
· TeRRIFICA Communication and Dissemination Manager:
Marta Cayetano: firstname.lastname@example.org